Happy National Pumpkin Day! Yes, that’s a day. I’m so glad I found out about it because it gives me another reason to talk about everything I love that has pumpkin! But first, we must get to know the pumpkin a bit better.
- Pumpkins were first called gros melons by a French explorer in 1584.
- In the single month of October, over 800 million pumpkins are ripe for picking.
- There are over 45 different types of pumpkins.
- Pumpkins are actually a fruit!
- In the early colonial times instead of using pumpkin for the filling, they used it for the crusts.
I’m a huge fan of the pumpkin as you can see. It has so much to offer. It’s used a lot for decoration, especially for Halloween. It can be painted and carved. It can be baked, roasted, steamed, or however you like to cook it. I’ve recently baked pumpkin muffins and a pumpkin loaf!
My boyfriend and I also got to carve some pumpkins which were pretty cool because it was his first time. I haven’t carved a pumpkin in years. You definitely need to put in some work. You know? A little bit of elbow grease. They came out cute though!
So how do you feel about pumpkins? How do you like to use them? Did you know it was National Pumpkin Day? Let me know in the comments below!
As always, thanks so much for reading! Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share! Make sure to check out my Instagram; @tianiangela_ and my latest video on YouTube💋