What’s a better way to get motivated than by using a vision board? It’s easy, fun to make, and it’s visual!
A vision board is a collection of pictures, images, and or words of your choosing, put together to help drive you closer to your goals. Many people have different interpretations of it and there is no right or wrong vision board. So have fun with it.
How to make a vision board
1. Start with using a pen and paper to jot down all of your ideas and goals. Let it all out and don’t be afraid to go out of the box. This is YOUR vision board after all. I just made a list and I was surprised how long it was.
2. Now that you have an idea of what to look for, start gathering your images and words. There are so many different ways to get them too.
- Magazines- cut out your favorites. This is an old school and still works perfectly. I used an Oprah magazine for some of my pictures.
- Print outs- there are tons and tons of print outs online that you can use for your vision board.
- Draw it yourself- there is nothing more personal than doing it yourself. You can add your own personal touches.
3. Get your poster board or whatever you are using and arrange how you want your vision board to look. It can be text heavy or text light. You decide.
4. Make it official and glue, tape, or pin your images to your board. And Voila! Hang your vision board up or put it somewhere visible. You want to be able to see your vision board daily.
Every vision board will be different. Don’t be afraid to make it whichever way you’d like. I personally want to keep mine private. My goals and aspirations are very personal to me. However, I will include some awesome examples I found around the internet.
I had the best time making my vision board. I had a glass of wine and put on some music. I made it a personal party.
Keep in mind that vision boards aren’t magic and things don’t just happen because you want them too. You have to work hard and be patient and things will start to look up.
As always, thanks so much for reading! Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share! Make sure to check out my Instagram; @T_scorner 💋