Hit and Run | Part 2

Hi everyone! Today I’ll be writing part 2 to my story, Hit and Run. If you haven’t already, I recommend reading part 1 so you aren’t lost. I started telling the story of how I got hit by a car and where my PTSD stems from that I had mentioned in my interview a few weeks ago. 

My mom’s date really stepped on the gas. We arrived as fast as we could at the St. Marys emergency room requesting immediate attention.

“My daughter’s been hit by a car!” Cried out, my mom.

Since I was a minor they immediately started the sign-in process to get me seen. They asked me so many questions like if the cops were called or did anyone call the ambulance. I didn’t do any of the things I should’ve done. I started to get nervous.

They asked me what hurt me and how it happened. I told them my head hurt and so did my lower body. I changed into the hospital gown so I can start going for testing. I had never gotten a cat scan before. It was really scary especially since my mom had to wait outside. From the cat scan, I went to take X-rays. This whole process took quite some time. I wasn’t even done there. I had to wait to see the doctor so that they can review my results. At this point, it was probably 4:30 in the morning.


While I waited in my room on my skinny hospital bed a sweet police officer approached me and asked if I could answer some questions. I complied. He whipped out a small note pad and asked simple things like “what did he look like?” and “did you get a license plate?” He was a really nice man and very easy to look out if I must say so my self (12-year-old me, of course). He ended by telling me I’d have to go to the police station right after I leave here to fill out a police report. He was sorry that this had happened to me and he hoped I got justice. That was the last I seen of him.

Finally, the doctor comes in to tell me my results. He said he was most concerned with my head since I blacked out when I got hit. My brain was fine. Thank God. But, I’d have to do follow-ups because there were other parts of me that weren’t fine. The doctor cleared me to go home and wished me the best of luck.

We left the hospital when the birds started to sing. The sun started to peek through. I couldn’t believe I had spent my whole night in the hospital. I just wanted to go home but I couldn’t just yet. We drove to the police station where they had me tell my story in paragraph form and even draw a picture of it. I really just wanted to go home. Luckily we lived 2 minutes away from the station so home didn’t seem so impossible anymore.

That upcoming Monday…

I was in class when my full name blasted on the intercom to come down to the office. Everyone looked at me in shock. My name has never been called on the loudspeaker before. I was so nervous. What could I have possibly done? Just add more fuel to the fire right? So my teacher excuses me and tells me to go. My palms started to sweat as I walked down the empty hall. I spotted kids peaking at the door as I walked past. As I approached the main office there were several big police officers waiting for me at the door. There were at least 7 of them.

“Are you Tiani Hibbert?” Asked the cop with one of the deepest voices I had ever heard.

I shook my head yes because I was too nervous to talk.

“Follow me,” he said as he proceeded to walk us all to one of the back rooms in the office.

All of the office workers looked so shocked as they watched little ole me and 7 other police officers walk back to the room. The vice-principal joined as well. They asked me to sit. I listened. One of the cops took out a paper and raised it high for me to see.

“Is this the man that hit you?” said the cop. My heart started to race. They held up a mug shot of a man. A man with a long braided, salt and pepper beard. It was the man that hit me and left. I felt like there was a rock in my throat. I struggled to answer.

“Ye..yes,” I said quietly.

The vice-principal asked me if I needed a minute before going back to class. I nodded yes. She allowed me to cry on her shoulder. I couldn’t believe they found him. It turns out that my description of him wearing a butcher coat made the search much easier. I got hit outside of a Stop & Shop and the cameras picked it all up. The man just so happened to be leaving his job from there working as a… you guessed it, a butcher!

I will be posting part 3 which will be the end of this storytime so make sure to come back for that!

As always, thanks so much for reading! Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share! Make sure to check out my Instagram; @tianiangela_ and my latest video on Youtube💋


14 thoughts on “Hit and Run | Part 2

  1. I’m so glad they were able to catch him and that you did not have any permanent injuries. I can not believe anyone could be so horrible to hit a child with their car and then drive away.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. It so wierd . I feel sometimes people can be absorbed in their own stuff and might not oay attention. I rememeber driving around with my fiancé and we were pulling a bright red trailer and someone hit us in a tunnel. We were like how did you not see us . No one was injured , but it makes me wonder about some people.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s