I’ve been dying to try this recipe ever since I heard about it. I was discouraged because I didn’t have your average pasta bake dish. I only have sheet pans for right now. So I finally decided to just try it with the sheet pan.
I went to the store for the ingredients and there weren’t even any jumbo shells. The next best thing was manicotti. I figured it wouldn’t make that much of a difference. So as you’ll see, this isn’t exactly Chrissy’s recipe but its totally inspired by it.
- Ricotta cheese (15 oz)
- Parmesan & Romano
- 1 Egg
- Fresh Basil
- Pesto (Not necessary)
- Marina Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
1. Boil your pasta for half the package time if you like a more al dente pasta. Let it cool completely before filling them.
2. Combine your ricotta, chopped fresh basil, a handful of Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt, pepper, a spoonful of pesto (not necessary), and 1 egg. Taste and adjust to your liking! (Chrissy uses Pecorino but I only had what I had hehe)
3. Lay your favorite sauce on the bottom of your baking dish. I only had a sheet pan and not your regular casserole dish. I wasn’t sure I could make it work but it worked great!
4. Next, fill your pasta. I didn’t have a piping bag so I just spooned it all into a zip lock and cut off the corner. Worked just as well!
5. Top it off with more sauce and then sprinkle with cheese. Chrissy used mozzarella and I could’ve sworn I had mozzarella in the fridge but we didn’t. I had no choice but to use 4 cheese Mexican.
6. Bake at 420°F for 20 minutes and Voila!
I enjoyed this meal so much. I paired it with spinach and garlic bread. One of the best meals I’ve made yet. I also wanted to post this to show you that you can make things out what you have and it will still turn out okay.
As always, thanks so much for reading! Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share! Make sure to check out my Instagram; @tianiangela_ and my latest video on Youtube💋