Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a good night (or day) depending on where you are. I saw this really fun tag over on MillennialLifeCrisis that I just had to try. I learned some really fun and interesting things about the writer too!
5 things getting me through quarantine:
- The freedom to go for walks/drives – I truly do miss life before the quarantine. It’s not the same and I’m not sure it will ever be the same. I am most certainly grateful this quarantine didn’t (it hasn’t yet) ended up with stay at home orders.
- Wine – There’s nothing wrong with a glass or 2 of wine. I usually have it at night while Isaiah is just about ready for bed. Whine downtime! I usually like a dark red wine but I’ve been loving this wine called Sweet Grapefruit Rose.
- Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies – Yes, cookies are getting me through quarantine. It more so the process. I put a couple of cookies in the toaster and have that with a glass of milk almost every night and it makes me happy. More calories yes but do I care? Not when it comes to warm ooey-gooey cookies! I look forward to this during the day. I enjoy the process. LOL!
- My brother’s survival pack tea. He put together this tea concoction. My whole family has been loving them. I’m not too sure all of what’s in it but I know there’s ginger and that’s one of my favorites. Or, I’ll have a cup of mint tea.
- Uber Eats. I went to the grocery store once and had such a horrible experience. There was too much going on and people are still not social distancing. I never want to go back. I have to stop but I’ve definitely been using this app to my advantage.
5 blogs worth checking out:
- MillennialLifeCrisis – The lovely blog I got this idea from. Not only that but the best thing about this blog is how freakin’ accurate it is. She tells it like it is and that’s what I love!
- African Sunflower – I’m so happy to have found this blog! The topics are sure to give you something to talk about. I love how she isn’t afraid to push boundaries in her writing.
- Lifesfinewhine – I’ve mentioned this blog before and I will mention it again. An amazing blog all around. Pooja talks to give blogging tips, recipes, and much more!
- Roots & Rosemary – I absolutely love coming on to my feed to see delicious foods and treats.
- The Strong Traveller – I’ve learned so many fun facts from this blog. The writers make me want to go everywhere and try everything!
5 YouTube channels that I enjoy watching:
- Emmymadeinjapan – Emmy is an unproblematic queen. She recreates cool recipes, tries MREs, and eats things like bulls testicles… Cool right?
- Tara Henderson – Tara is my favorite mom vlogger on YouTube. She is just so sweet and has the cutest family!
- LifeBeingDest – I only recommend this channel if you are pro-marijuana. Destiny is a super chill YouTuber that talks a lot about anxiety and depression. All while usually smoking!
- Spill Sesh – Before having Isaiah I was ADDICTED to YouTube. I used to be up to date with all the Youtube drama. Now I never have time to watch every single video so I usually turn to this channel for a weekly recap!
- Nail Career Education – Suzie is a nail tech from Canada who I cannon stop watching. It’s completely random because I don’t have anything to do with nails. It’s pretty interesting.
5 foods that I love:
- French fries
- A steak with A1 or Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- Hummus and naan dippers
- Bella Salad (There’s this pizzeria in my town that sells this amazing spinach salad with eggplant, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, grilled chicken, and fresh mozzarella)
- Brussel sprout burrito bowl (One of my favorites right now from another spot in a town near me sells this amazing burrito bowl with Mexican rice, black beans, pico de Gallo, crema, with Brussel sprouts. Topped with chipotle aioli!)
5 Tv shows that I like to rewatch:
- Parks and Recreation
- Workin’ Moms (Currently watching)
- Skins (UK)
- The Fosters
- Good Girls (I probably won’t be rewatching season 3 though #sorrynotsorry)
5 songs I could listen to on repeat:
- The Morning – The Weeknd
- War – Pop Smoke and Lil Tjay
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Ride – Lana Del Rey
- Roxanne Remix – Arizona Zervas and Swae Lee (ONLY Swae Lee’s verse)
5 places I’m dreaming of going when it’s safe to travel again:
5 things that fascinate me:
- Seeing multiples directly in front of me. (Ie; Twins, triplets, quads) I just think it’s so cool. My brothers are twins but fraternal and don’t look alike.
- The beach. It’s one of my favorite places. Looking out into the ocean never fails to fascinate me.
- Tiny humans. It amazes me to see how quickly these guys learn and what they can learn when you don’t even know what they’re thinking.
- How gigantic the universe is and how it was created.
- Don’t come for me but conspiracy theories. I am so into them.
5 things I struggle with:
- Dwelling on the past
- Reacting too quickly
- Patience (It’s getting better though)
- Discipline (With certain things)
5 people I would really like to meet:
- Lady Gaga
- Alicia Keys
- Kaya Scodelario
- Michelle Obama
- Aubrey Plaza
5 things I want for this world:
- For people to feel safe
- More opportunities
- A whole lot more kindness
- Less debt LOL
I hope you guys enjoyed this tag. I had a lot of fun doing it. Can you relate to anything? If you try this tag make sure to let me know so I can see it!
As always, thanks so much for reading! Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share! Make sure to check out my Instagram; @T_scorner 💋