This recipe was long overdue! This is hands down one of my favorite meals to make. Its delicious and its also vegetarian. Since my boyfriend doesn’t eat meat I’ve been more into eating meatless meals. Not every meal needs meat and this is a perfect example of that. If you’re looking for yummy Asian cuisine from home then keep reading!
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 6 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Gochujang
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pre-wash the cauliflower head and cut it into florets. Then soak the florets in salt water to remove excess dirt. Then pat dry.
1. Lay the panko breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and spray with cooking oil spray. Then put it in the oven. I baked mine for a total of 7 minutes until nice and golden brown. (Toss 2 minutes before taking them out)
2. Whisk 2 eggs together. Dip your florets in the eggs and then the breadcrumbs. (I set aside some cauliflower seasoned with a little turmeric, garlic powder, and oil for Isaiah) Bake for 20 minutes and then toss them for even crispiness! Then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
3. While the cauliflower is baking, start your sauce on the stove. Mince 5 cloves of garlic and add to your pot along with the honey, soy sauce, onion powder, and gojuchang. Make a corn starch slurry with 2 teaspoons corn starch and 1/4 cup cold water and add that as well. Let this come to a simmer and stir all the ingredients well so it mixes and doesn’t stick to the bottom. This shouldn’t take long.
4. Pour your sauce all over the baked cauliflower. Garnish with scallions and Voila!
*I paired mine with broccoli fried rice that I made with leftover rice. This will pair just as well with white or brown rice. I’d be happy to share how I make my fried rice in a different post!
If you enjoyed this then check out some more of my recipes here!
As always, thanks so much for reading! Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share! Make sure to check out my Instagram; @tianiangela_ and my latest video on Youtube💋