Bite down if you dare. Muahahaha (corny again, I know)! Hello everyone, I hope y’all are all having a good day. Today I bring to you another Halloween themed treat but this time savory. Before I move on, if you haven’t already, check out my Mini Candy Corn cheesecakes!
This time I made sausage mummies! It was really easy to do and only required 2 necessary ingredients. It’s a fun kid-friendly snack that even my little guy enjoyed!
- Crescent dough
*Any sausage will work as well as hot dogs.
1. Preheat your oven to 375° F.
2. Layout your crescent dough and squeeze the perforated lines together. Make sure to have your sausages nearby. I precooked my sausages just for reassurance.
3. Cut long skinny strips that will act as the mummy bandages. I ended up cutting some super thin and some medium-sized thickness.
4. Wrap your sausages with the crescent dough like so. Make sure to leave a space open for the eyes.
5. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or nice and golden!
6. Finish it off with some edible eyes to give it that Halloween look. You can use the candy eyes for show like I did or you can use string cheese and olives like others. I did the rest of mine by putting a straw through string cheese and that should give you a small cylinder that you can cut into small circles. For the pupils, I just carefully placed a spec of black pepper.
I also just wanted to share a picture of the sausage rolls that I made. Ahh! So proud of myself!
As always, thanks so much for reading! Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome. If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share! Make sure to check out my Instagram; @tianiangela_ and my latest video on YouTube💋